- Shipping Policy
LockPickersMall shipping policies
Please review our shipping polcies before ordering. An important 'bottom line', not listed below, is that once packages are surrendered to the shipping agent (be it USPS or UPS), we have no control or influence beyond that point. So-called Delivery Guarantees come from the carriers and we have no influence or control over how strictly these agencies stick to their claims.
- We ship worldwide, with a few exceptions noted below.
- We offer both USPS and UPS to provide our customers with more options. However, please note that INTERNATIONAL ORDERS, PO BOX ADDRESSES, AND APO/FPO DESTINATIONS must select USPS at checkout, as we do NOT offer these services via UPS. If you mistakenly select UPS at checkout and your item is being sent outside the U.S., you will need to back up and correct the form by choosing USPS instead -- otherwise your order will be delayed while we contact you for permission to make the required adjustments.
- Shipping costs are based both on weight of the package and destination. Please note that the shipping amount shown on automated invoices are ESTIMATES ONLY and are subject to correction before actual shipping occurs. USPS and UPS rates often change and the final word for shipping amount is determined by the associated plugins we use as add-ons to our shopping cart.
- Most orders are shipped within a 24-hour business day, although this does not imply a 1-Day Rush Service, which we cannot offer due to uncontrollable variables. If you require expedited, 1-day shipping you must contact us prior to placing your order for authorization. We will do our utmost to accommodate you!
- Our policy is to ship ONLY to the verified billing address on record with your credit card provider (or to a confirmed PayPal address). Exceptions to this are made on a case by case basis and may require that the buyer supply us with digital images of the credit card used in the transaction. In such a case, we always direct the buyer to cover up part of the account number to preserve account security. If you have moved recently, make certain your credit card provider has updated your billing address to avoid delays.
- We offer only USPS Express Mail International for international orders because our agreements with both PayPal and Merchant Services require that we use a trackable shipping method. Cheaper methods are NOT trackable, therefore we do not offer them. UPS rates are nearly always higher and require us to jump through hoops to prepare customs for these items. Other restrictions with UPS are that they do not deliver to PO Boxes or APO/FPO-type locations.
- We do not offer shipping to certain areas due to extremely high incidence of theft and damage. Included in this short list are Mexico, Malaysia, China and Liberia (Africa). If your order is to be shipped to a destination that is currently restricted, we will notify you and issue a full refund of your order.
- NOTE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS IN CANADA -- Customs policies at the border have been causing unpredictable delays with random shipments, which can be, in our opinion, excessive. Please understand that we have no control or influence with respect to Customs procedures. In some cases, orders have been turned away and returned to us because a few of your Provinces have more stringent policies than others regarding Locksmith tools.
- RESENDING PACKAGES: The customer is responsible for supplying a true and correct shipping address when the order is placed. We copy and paste directly from your order, which prevents human error on our end. If a package is returned to us due to a failed delivery attempt -- whether because of a bad address or any other reason -- we will resend ONLY if the customer pays the cost of resending. This is true for both domestic and International shipping. If resending is desired, we will provide the customer with a link to a special payment page from which the additional postage can be remitted. If an order cannot be delivered due to our error, we will pay the cost of resending.
- PACKAGE MARKINGS: For International orders which must pass through Customs, we always make use of non-descript markings and generalized descriptions wherever possible to avoid unneccesary delays. We frown upon falsifying claimed value, however, as this is ethically wrong, and it also makes it impossible, should the need arise later, to make an insurance claim on the value of the lost or damaged item.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS are a special problem with all online merchants simply because the automated "AVS" system for automatically verifying credit card accounts and balances is confined to domestic and a few foreign countries such as Canada and Australia (currently). We MAY send you a follow up email once we receive your order requesting jpeg images of the credit card you used along with a photo ID bearing the same name (with photo) attributed to the credit card. Of course in such cases you are to cover up the first 8 digits of the credit card with opaque tape or paper, which will protect your personal account info. Generally speaking, the higher value the order the more likely you are to receive this sort of request. We certainly understand when customers refuse to provide these images, and if this occurs we happily refund and delete the order with no further questions. One way to avoid this requirement, should we request it, is to send payment by post in the form of a bank check, made payable to Security Lock Service (our parent company). A 10-day hold is placed on the order after receipt of the check, to allow the funds to be verified and transferred . . . after which your order is shipped.